Hello Dear Readers,
It's always a surprise to the wombury what will trigger memory relapse. A trip to Marshall's for instance, triggers not only memories of the girl, but memories of a long thread of conversations about the importance of things. I use to tease her about shopping at Marshall's. To me shopping at Marshall's was like having plastic pink flamingos planted in your front lawn, and having a girlfriend shop at Marshall's and worked at Marshall's was like having a girlfriend. Plus, the wombury has exceptionally bad memories of buying school clothes at places like Marshall's. To the wombury, mothers who insisted on buying their children's school clothes from the clearance rack were cheapskates who had no regard for the importance of appearance. For years I avoided low-end retail, preferring to waste good cash at J. Crew. Therefore, I didn't realize the Marshall's gimmick of selling decent brands at discount. And now the WOmbury needs decent brands at discount prices. So to Marshall's went I. And sure enough, they have what I need. It's still a shit-hole of a store, don't get me wrong; and if I have EVER in my life have the means, I will go back to stores selling high quality men's apparel. But she wins. She wins the argument about cats and she wins the argument about slumming for clothes. Dammit. But Coldplay still sucks. Or do they?
The WOmbury
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Whether or not Coldplay sucks depends on the context. They suck in comparison to say, The Beatles. They do not suck in comparison to Clay Aiken. It's all relative....just like Marshalls. Depending on the size of your bank account, Marshalls may or may not be your store of choice.
You still have readers, Wombury....even if they comment only rarely and anonymously.
Post a Comment