Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fucked Up Post, Fucked up Poster

Hello Dear Readers,

It's Wednesday night, around 10 pm, and the Wombury is a little tipsy after throwing back a few beers and a complimentary shot at the roadside tavern located at the foot of the last stop on the Bronx-bound 4 train. The Wombury took to the links with a few co-workers from school. Did you know there are 4! golf courses in the bronx? Fuckin' crazy, considering the stereotypical image of the bronx as a bullet-ridden ghetto. Anyway, earlier in the day the wombury rode the 4 train down to Brooklyn where he picked up his bicycle from a sports gambler with an impressively huge loft down at the corner of 3rd and Dean. After picking up the bike the Wombury embarked on a long-planned journey from Brooklyn to the Bronx. He is the "Traveling" wombury after all!

The entire trip was conducted in muggy, cloudy weather, with jeans and army boots, and save for one major traffic blunder was a totally satisfactory 2 hour bike trip. That blunder? riding my bike over the Manhattan bridge. Apparently bikes are NOT allowed to traffic over the bridge. Who knew? The other 471 drivers of the cars and trucks who gave me the finger and who clearly wanted the wombury to steer his road bike into the East River knew. Fuckers. Like I enjoy being surrounded by semi-retarded New York fuck faces with a taste for honking and yelling mother-based curses. Dipshit turd lickers, all of them. Just as I pulled into the bronx, a few guys from school were loading up for 9 holes of golf, so the wombury joined them. Nice fellas.

In other news, I have no idea what happened to the rest of the Shaker Way post. It was finished the day I sent it. Technology is a mysterious thing, what can I say? The point of the posting was that I intentionally did not cover a class at school because the AP did not explicitly ask me, and I thought, fuck it! If she doesn't ask me, then I won't assume I'm supposed to cover it. Not very Shaker.

Finally, I will not be posting about this nice gal I met from Las Vegas.

Until then,

The WOmbury

No comments: