Thursday, November 1, 2007

Farm Work is the New Yoga

(this is block of marble. Your parents hate you)

Hey. How's your day going? Getting lots of work done at the office? Really? Solitaire? I love the Superficial.com too. Yeah, uh huh. Coffee break, gotcha, lunch, right on. You're selling that on ebay? I'll wait till the price comes down; next generation iPhones will be better anyway. Who me? What I'm doing? Funny you should ask. I'm trying to not not write a book. Writer's block. Someone told me I'm not a writing a book because there isn't a book to be written. Oh, there's a book to be written. It' s in my mind somewhere; I just need to chisel it out with my tools. It's all how you look it things. Perception. You see a formless block of marble. Michaelangelo sees a gigantic naked dude. I see a book.

(Charles Schulz had a foot fetish )

I'm doing double Mope duty today. I'm moping for George. See George has sheep and goats, so he leases farm land from David to raise them. Sheep got some stones on them, let me tell you. Sheep love pumpkins and squash as much as people do, but people stop loving Jack O' Lanterns the day after Halloween (and thus all reality is a construct), so the pumpkin stands give the leftover pumpkins and squash to George who in turn gives them to his sheep and his Llama, Max. We're on a break now.



(The Scottish aren't insecure about their manhood, are they?)


Loading pumpkins onto the back of a parked Ford-250 XLT can be sort of a boring, repetitious activity so you need to use your imagination to make it interesting. I like to plant my feet roughly 12 feet from the back of the trailer and pretend Pumpkin Tossing is a sanctioned event in the Highland games, and then do my own sports-casting as I do it. "It's Ewan MacGregor with the toss! Ohh, that was a shite throw if I ever seen one." Another method of making pumpkin tossing interesting is finding internal acceptance of who you are in the universe. Crystal Meth helps too.


Until then,

The Traveling Wombury



5 comments:

mlevy said...

HELL,I am a woman of Scottish ancestry, and I am definitely not insecure about my manhood!

Christian Patrick Clarke said...

Mlevy, I found a list of famous Scots on Wikipedia. AC/DC is Scottish, so is David Byrne, and Sheena Easton. Sheena. That one caught me off-guard.

Anonymous said...

mlevy is annoying to the max i am so sick of his psudo intelligent comments please just be yourself and stop trying to impress

Christian Patrick Clarke said...

Hey, Anon, thanks for the comment. How's the alcoholism coming? (A little AA humor for ya'!)

First of all, MLevy is a very good friend of mine, so I am legally obligated to print 35 percent of her comments, regardless of their intellectual merit. Secondly, Mlevy's may or may not be female; right now the jury is out on that one. Lastly, I have to give some props to MLevy for having the stones to use her name. But at least you commented too. Comments arouse me.

Christian Patrick Clarke said...

I met to say MLevy's GENDER may or may not be male. Joke over; moment passed. Dammit.