Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Wombury Underground

Finally! I get it! Hallelujah! Clarity. I have clarity of vision. Sweet Jumping Ju Ju Bees. (spelling?)

Here's the deal. I'm starting to understand what I was looking for on our trip out to the Anarchists, the Monastery, the Radical Faeries. I'm looking for the "underground", the "Revolution." Is that crazy? Maybe. But here's my central, driving question: is there an extant, organized, viable "underground"? If so, what does it look like? Where is it? If there isn't an underground, why not?

In a way, the communities we visited contain elements of what we think of, or imagine the underground would be. The same with all the communities in the directory (link on the front page). Many of the people we saw seem like they were extras on from the Zion Rave scene from the Matrix Reloaded. Especially Dreamtime Village. The catch is, no one would ever cop to being a part of the underground, or even admitted the underground existed. Then again, that cold be a caveat of joining the underground: you don't talk about the underground.

Basically, I'm looking for the earthly equivalent of Morpheus, Neo, and Trinity.

So, if you know where the underground is, or where Zion is, please tell me.

Until then,

The Wombury

No comments: