I think it's time we get down to brass tacks, DAMMIT. We need to discuss What Off the Grid means.
Enough of this bullshit about what's going in with my personal life. Although, I must tell you that The Wombury is proving to be a bit more handy than you would think. With no small help from me, we've managed to nearly complete the Solid Basic Home Fitness Gym. Elizabeth said I have a gift for seeing three-dimensional space. Wait a second. Huh. All humans visualize in three dimensions. Elizabeth complimented me on the fact that I have human vision.
Anywho, where were we? Ah, yes, Off the Grid communities. A lot of people who read this blog have no idea what an Off the Grid community or person is. This is my fault since I blab on about farmhands, boxing lessons, and lost dreams. I thought today would be a good day to do some explaining, mostly since I can't drive anywhere on account of leaving my wallet at Cousin Tyler's place, so I posted a link to an intentional community directory.
So here's the deal. Here's what we want:
A website devoted to our project. We want to put up video clips, articles, interactive stuff, chat rooms, you name it. But I don't know how to construct a website. If you're reading this, and you know someone with technical acumen, please send me their information.
We also want information on anyone who is doing cool, weird, Off the Grid kinds of things. We want to find interesting communities that few people know about.
What are the hallmarks of the kind of communities we study?
1. Separation from the mainstream, either physically, financially, or spiritually
2. Driven by a philosophy
3. Often individual members were not born into the community
4. Often individual members take on another name
5. Often there are vows, spoken or non-spoken, that the members agree to take on in order to live in the community.
6. Often their political beliefs are an unusual mixture of left and right.
Until then,
The Wombury
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
don't join a cult and/or tax-evaders compound and get shot by the FBI
This is your helpful suggestion? What are you parents? Who is this? Is this a "Whale Worker"?
But truthfully, if I could study cults and tax evaders, I would. Study. Not join.
I would love to be a tax evader and the lord knows I have tried, but, they always catch up with me. I have paid more in penalties than some people make for the year in salaries. I fight the fight, but, to know avail. Where exactly are these tax evader compounds? The problem is if you are a regular Joe(that's right I said ,"a regular Joe") with a regular job you can't escape.I don't want to start sporting dreads and wear "off the grid" ensembles in order not to pay taxes. I like my cable, and my cleaning woman, and my car, and my take out, and my designer clothes(a lie), and my............
Post a Comment